La Leche League Leaders

La Leche League Leaders
La Leche League Leaders

Monday, April 13, 2009

Human Milk Donations

Have a stocked fridge of breast milk that you think you'll never use? Are you making enough for twins or more while nursing a singleton?
OR in need of donor milk due to adoption or medical reasons?

Have you heard about the Human Milk Banking Association of North America?

The Human Milk Banking Association of North America (HMBANA) is "a multidisciplinary group of health care providers that promotes, protects, and supports donor milk banking."

There is an interesting history and lots of facts on human milk banking in a full article from Leaven... click here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Who do I contact if I am interested in being a recipient of breast milk. I have IGT and my baby is not tolerating WIC formula my email address is nes.dawes@gmail.com