- Unlike many other groups, La Leche League does not exist in order to raise money. We raise money in order to exist.
- LLL membership is a worthwhile investment! When you become a La Leche League member you join an organization that has supported breastfeeding mothers for more than almost 60 years!
- You attend monthly meetings (in person and on-line) and enjoy the companionship of mothers with a similar mothering philosophy.
- You receive a 10% discount on most items offered through the LLLI Catalogue.
- We receive no outside funds. Leaders are volunteers; in fact, we also pay $75 yearly in dues. Your dues not only help our Group but also help La Leche League USA and LLL International reach out to families all over the world.
- Think of membership as a $3.33 a month outing with your baby in an environment of supportive breastfeeding mothers where you receive the latest breastfeeding information and have access to great parenting and breastfeeding resources.
- We think parents are more important than their money, although we need money in order to continue helping mothers. Financial alternatives to our one-year membership fee are available. We love our volunteers who can help out in any way in person or on-line! Let us know how you’d like to help.
- La Leche League, like water, is free. However it costs money to get it piped to you. We're here on a 24-hour-a-day basis piping breastfeeding information and support.
- Become a member of La Leche League, one of the oldest women's self-help groups. Your membership brings two informative publications (NEW BEGINNINGS & BREASTFEEDING TODAY) into your home via email and ensures the continuance of LLL's work around the world, in South Carolina, and in our own Charleston County and Lowcountry area.
To join your local Group, sign up with a Leader at your next meeting. If you can’t make another meeting soon, but are still interested you can simply email or call your local Leader.
$40 Regular Membership
$100 Sustaining Membership
All Membership levels includes a 10% discount in the